26.8.07

D'ua


I should be cleaning, doing something other than just sitting here at this formidable box, absorbing reckless piles of information that often leave me useless for the remainder of the day. I soak up endless newssites and blogs and cyberatic junkmail that is lying scattered around, in between the bills and periodicals of my internet post office.. The other day I found Du'a. she shook me to my core. To the point of unwavering sadness. It was the same day that 17 year old Jordin won American Idol that I dredged up this overlooked story. It was all around the same day. but it went so deep that I could not write, should not have spoken and had no reply. Du'a. The 17 year old girl who was stoned to death in Iraq for loving the wrong boy. he was not from her sect. His religion was different.. She was dragged from her home and publicly stoned to death. Yes... rocks.... usually pieces of cinderblock thrown at her little head until she was still bleeding but no longer moving. no longer screaming. no longer crying. No longer holding the image of the boy she could not love because he did not come from her religious sect. A group of men, throwing rocks and kicking her in the ribs. I would doubt it's reality but in our sickened age of readily available information someone filmed it on their phone. It is everywhere. She loved the wrong boy. Who didn't at seventeen. Du'a is dead. Killed brutally at 17 for having passion to go after her heart. beyond tradition. beyond the rules. she was able to see that boy as another human. and for that she is dead.don't know about Du'a you shouldhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Du’a_Khalil_Aswad
Posted by: Ellyn Parker - inzino staff

No comments:

Blog Archive